BABY BALLET 2 YRS
A specially designed dance and movement class for babies and their carers promoting growth, activity and shared experience.
This unique course has been creatively designed to stimulate and activate the developmental needs of babies and toddlers from 2yrs of age. With two dedicated teachers, our courses are streamed by age to ensure your child gets the most out of every class. Participation with a loving adult is required at Baby Ballet and is a beautiful opportunity for shared experiences and connection.
Set in a nurturing and safe environment, our baby ballerinas learn how to move and strengthen their growing bodies, expand their vocabularies and have fun with a loving grown up all at the same time.
Babies can progress to Rainbow Ballet in the year they are 3 years of age turning 4.
- Introducing young minds and bodies to the wonder of dance in a stress free, creative environment
- To provide an interactive and joyful service that is respectful of individual needs
- Activities include dancing, singing, music appreciation, story telling, skill development, creative dance exploration, parachute rides and free dancing
- To stimulate cognitive and physical development, sociability and bonding
To enhance creativity and keep our classes interesting and fresh, a new theme is introduced every term. This allows for individual classes to be brought to life each week with new characters, props and activities. Our themes intertwine through a combination of creative dance, storytelling, free movement, drama and skill development.
TERM THEME EXAMPLE: The Sea
WEEKLY THEME EXAMPLES: Mermaids, Seahorses and Pirates
- Our classes start with a warm up designed to develop non-locomotor skills and activate the mind and body
- The weekly and term themes determine the dramatic elements of the class, which lead the children on a challenging and joyous adventure, at the same time developing their ballet technique, music appreciation, creative dance skills and gross motor development
- A familiar cool down exercise brings the class to a close. This often includes dress-ups, free dancing or narrative inspired dance followed by a relaxation activity
Classes are streamed by age and progress year by year. As dancers mature, the ballet syllabus becomes more demanding increasing the technical and creative challenges to suit the age and ability of your child. The baby ballet classes have a mix of ages from 20 months - 3 years.
What to wear and bring
We encourage our students to dress in clothes that are comfortable whilst still expressing their creativity.
- Pink leather ballet shoes – these can be purchased from a specialist dance wear supplier (no jiffies or ballet flats please.)
- Students can choose their own style of leotard, skirt, ballet dress, soft fairy dress or soft tutu.
- Remember to layer up during the colder months - ballet tights or footless tights, cross overs or a soft knitted cardigan are good options.
- Please avoid dresses/dress ups that are too long and elaborate as they can restrict the amount of movement and also make dancers itchy and uncomfortable.
- Leggings, shorts or bike shorts
- T-shirt or singlet
- Black ballet shoes
- Avoid jeans, cargo pants and anything bulky
- Dancing with your baby in tight jeans and high heels can be a challenge! It is best to wear clothes that are easy to move and dance in.
- Bare feet or socks – outside shoes are not worn in the dance space.
Local Dancewear Suppliers
BLOCH: Shop 2, 25-33 Bronte Rd Bondi Junction or 117 York Street CBD
SALVIOS: 34 St Pauls Street Randwick
If shopping online, brands to look out for are Bloch, Capezio, Sansha or Energetiks
Remember to bring a water bottle for yourself and your child. Snacks are permitted before and after class however please ensure they are nut free.